Thursday, May 21, 2009

If I was in Charge of Education...



If I was in charge of the education system I would make a few changes. The very first thing I would do would be to change the school schedule to something similar to the British schedule. This is where the school year goes almost all year long, with 6 weeks for summer, 2 weeks for spring, and 2 weeks for christmas. I would start school an hour later, because I HATE getting up in the morning, and it also has been shown to be a poor learning time for teenage students. I would also completely update the teaching method. This would involve: getting rid of textbooks for digital learning media, replacing chalk boards with smart boards, and training teachers to be more technologically aware and know what they're talking about. This would allow for a much higher education system.

No comments:

Post a Comment