Tuesday, May 19, 2009

American Teen Continued




I ABSOLUTELY agree!! Attending IDCI provides a huge pressure cooker, since everyone knows everyone and this helps to eliminate your personal life. However, coming from Thamesford, IDCI seems alot larger than what I used to deal with. In TPS (Thamesford Public School), we had about 300 students, with about 40 kids in each grade. This meant that I was with the same kids every single year, for the most part. In fact, except for some people who moved, my grade 1 class was almost identical to my grade 8 class. this allowed for a situation where it was impossible for someone to not notice you. Even just living in town meant that everyone knew you, or atleast your parents. This got me in trouble multiple times, if I was doing something or going somewhere my parents didn't want me to, since alot of people in town knew me, they would tell my parents and I would get in trouble. Living in a small town means it is almost impossible to have a private life. I hear almost daily something like "Hey I saw you the other day driving through town" or "Hey I saw you going to the store yesterday". This creates a pressure cooker situation, since it gives you the feeling that you are constantly being watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment