Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pope and Condom Use


First of all, I am catholic, so I technically should have a respect for the pope, but after hearing his comments I am completely outraged. Well talking to reporters, the pope calimed that "The problem cannot be overcome by distributing condoms. It only increases the problem" (referring to the AIDS epidemic effecting millions in Africa). And yes, condoms are not 100% safe, and the only real 100% anti-infection method is abstinence, but: THIS IS JUST WRONG!. The U.N. has shown that when condoms are used properly they reduce the risk of infection by 90%, and yet Pope Benedict XVI tried to tell Africa, and the world really, that condom use INCREASES the likelihood of HIV/AIDS infection. I'm sorry, but I have officially lost all respect for the current leader of the catholic church.

No comments:

Post a Comment